Sunday, December 14, 2008

ABSTRACTICA - An art project.

Sometimes, sitting back with your kids creativity opens up completely new ways of thinking. My son wanted to play with food coloring and water, and I thought hmmmm.... what will he come up with.

Knowing that oil and water don't mix, I tried something a bit different.

Using a small bowl, we put in some standard vegetable oil, then poured a bit of water on top. The water beaded on top of the oil of course, and James (my four year old) started designing his abstract masterpeices.

I shot macro shots of the designs, put together a composite, and voila.... ABSTRACTICA was born.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ed, it is always so wonderful to see your work! Such beautiful compositions, lighting and the way you capture emotions and those 'little private moments' -Wow! I enjoyed seeing you work when you did Liette/Andrew's wedding in August (Edmonton) and have been watching since then. You are at the top of our list when we need a photographer!

Samera